Monday, June 16, 2008

We've got him!!!!

Wow. Where do I start?

Do ya'll remember when I said that Logan had the look of just bring me home old lady?

Well, he is a total keeper. Just amazing.

We first saw him when we were going into the civil affairs office. We were early, and saw him getting out of his van with his nanny. We rode the elevator together, just staring at each other. We smiled, he looked a little scared.

When the door opened, his nanny took him into another room for a few minutes, then brought him back out. He was so brave for a few minutes, but as he realized what was going on, he got really upset. We spent some time playing cars and coloring, but when it was time for the nanny to leave, he broke down. Bart had to hold him to keep him from running after her.

I was no help. My heart split in two. Our guide suggested that I stop crying, it might be making him nervous. Something silly about Logan reading our facial expressions for reassurance. Blah,blah,blah. We were taking him away from all that he knows and the fact that he was upset about it was fine with us.

So off we went, loaded into our van, and headed for the hotel. He was quiet, but very interested in what was going on. We showed him the room, and his clothes. He looked through some toys and just like his little sister.....he went right for his SHOES!!! Ripped off his pretty pink sandals and put on his Speed racer light ups. Then when the hat and the sun glasses. We got a thumbs up and a hint of a smile.

We headed off to bribe him with some McDonald's. He dove into his food and we got more smiles. We played with our food and straws and pretty much broke a few social norms. But Logan was having fun and that's all that mattered.

We came back to the room and guess what!!!! He started to straighten up!!! OHOHOHOH YEAH!! I finally got one like me!!! He also really started to warm up, laughing and playing.




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Taylor Family!!!! Logan is precious and perfect! Oh my goodness, I am crying. Love that little guy up~ I know you are. Finally you have your son in your arms. God is good!!!!!!

Love,
Pam

Me said...

THIS COULD NOT BE ANY BETTER!!! What an absolute DOLL!! I love love love the picture of him and Michael in the glasses.

I am shaking- this is AMAZING. I cannot wait to hear more!! He is beautiful!

Too funny that he ripped off the pretty pink sandals, LOL! I love it.

Oh Taylors- this is going to be amazing! I love the smile on his face. That says SO MUCH!

Congratulations! This is a wonderful way to start my day- thank you so much for sharing!

Cheryl said...

GOD is GOOD - All the time! Thank you Lord!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH he looks soooo great! LOve the pic of Logan and Mike...so happy that you finally got him...breating a sigh of relief. Enjoy the rest of your time with hime...can't wait to hear how the rest of the week goes.
Laura

Emily said...

Aww I'm so excited for you guys! He is so HANDSOME!!! I'm so glad you finally have your little Logan. It sounds like he is just perfect :) Can't wait to hear more!!

Katy said...

Logan is adorable! Looks like a succesful first day by the smiles. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for more picutes and updates. Love, The Kellys

Quebedeaux said...

Wendi directed me to your site. Congrats!!! Your family is just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...is Logan precious or what? I am singing praises to the Lord right now. My day has been made brighter as I have shared in your joy. Seeing that little man in your arms brought tears of happiness to my eyes. I pray now that God will descend upon him and bring about a sense of peace and would take away any fears that are within him. May Logan rest comfortably and securely in the love of his mommy , daddy, brother and sisters, Oh I am SOOOO happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I LOVE YOU!

Nichole

Amy Jo said...

Haven't even read your post, but I was so excited to wake up and see the pics! I'm headed there next ;-) Oh, Congratulations, Taylor Crew! I am SO, SO happy that you finally have precious Logan IN YOUR ARMS! He is SO, SO handsome!!! Your other 3 kids look so happy to!!! Can't wait to hear how things go and pray that God continues to minister to his little heart throughout the next days and weeks. Sending you love and sharing in your JOY! Amy

rachel said...

hey its rachel kelly!!! just wanted to say hi to livy and i hope you all are having fun! im soooooo happy for all of you, and hope for the best with logan and you all! i cant wait to see you and logan back in Florida!!! i hope you all are having a great time and im so excited to see you again!!! love, rachel kelly

Heather said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Keri said...

What an absolute cutey! You are a smart Mama showing him the light up shoes. What boy could resist those! Love the picture of him and Mike with the hats and sunglasses. McDonalds is just a kids love language I guess! Glad things are going well. Olivia looks thrilled with her new brother.

Keri

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!
I am just in tears of joy for you all!!! He is adorable and I am so thankful that God is taking care of you all.
We love you so much and know that we are praying for a smooth transition, and a few bribes can't hurt that either... hee hee. ;-)
Please more updates, more updates when you have a chance... Maybe while he is straightening up for you... Yah!!!
Love and huge kisses to our new chatty guy.
Dawn

Me said...

Okay, I have digested the first bit. I am ready for MORE! I can't wait to hear how the first night and second day have been. I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Marc, Elaine and Allison:

We are fascinated by the sign in the subway. We can only imagine what goes on there. Logan is certainly a handsome young man. Enjoy them all, as they grow-up far too fast. See you soon. Be safe.

Marc, Elaine and Allison

Tammy said...

Congratulations Taylors! What a wonderful blessing. I am so excited for you. You're all in my thoughts and prayers as you all adjust to being a family of 6! Love you. Tammy Howard

Sammy said...

I'm the one that saw Logan in Dec. after I had already saw him in pictures with our son Stafan. I felt so sorry for him so I'm thrilled he has you guys now. I just showed Stafan his picture and he smiled and said Logan's Chinese name.

Sandra