Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just hanging around

Hey ya'll!

Today was another great day. Very easy and laid back.

We had group pictures in the lobby this morning, then we came back to our room and watched Kung Fu Panda. Very cute flick.

After lunch we headed to the pool while most of our travel group headed to the American Consulate to have their exit interviews. 10 of the 12 families fly out tomorrow...wish it was us! But, we don't have our appointment until Thursday morning, and fly home on Friday!!!!!!

We have really loved our time in China again, such an amazing country with such deep history. But, we are ready to come home. Especially Mia. she had a break down this morning, crying and asking to see her puppies. " I wanna go home. I miss my puppies. Logan can come to, can we go now?" She has done fantastically on this trip.

And little man....oh my!!! He is just all over this swimming thing. You will never guess that he has only been in a pool for a week. He can tread water and jumps in from the side. Of course we make him wear his swim vest, but we are amazed at what a water bug he is. He absolutely adores hanging out with the older boys in our travel group. These are some wonderful and seasoned big brothers. There are about 30 children ( bio and adopted) from 15 years to 13 months. Many of the families are returning for the 2nd,3rd and 4th adoptions. Quite a wild looking group.

Today was another great day. He is becoming more comfy with me, we did some hugging and hand holding again. He looks like he has been with us forever. He did break down in tears this morning, and let Bart and I just sit on the bed and love on him until he felt better. Not sure what brought it on, but it wasn't a surprise. I'm sure there will be more. He is one brave little guy.

Well, it is almost 9 pm here, and Logan has been asleep since 3:30. We tried to wake him for dinner, but he is out cold. I think he really needs it, I know that after a few emotional days in a row that I am exhausted, and I think this past week has been just a teeny bit emotional. (:

Miss ya'll! 3 more days!!

Love,
claire

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan is such an adorable little guy! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Good thing that little water bug of yours is going to a home in FL! Perfect! And Mia, what a trooper. I'm so proud of her! Just a few more days and you will be HOME! I bet it's never sounded so good.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Love,
Pam

Katy said...

Glad you're getting some hugs in!!!I know it just warms your heart! :)
Katy

Me said...

I am with Mia- just come home now, and bring Logan!! What a brave little boy he is- this has to be so emotionally draining. And not knowing what is coming up, what America looks like, what will it be like? He is VERY brave! He sounds so sweet- and he can come swim in my pool anyday :-)

Thank you for sharing- I know you have to be exhausted. Just get home so we can take care of you too :-)