Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Still raining.......







Good morning!

It is still raining here, but all is good.

Yesterday was a quiet day, just one appointment that took longer to get to then actually have. But, now Logan is not just officially ours, he is legally ours. what's the difference? Not sure! But we are keeping him either way.

Just wish that he would come out of his shell and interact with us a little more. NOT!!!!!!!! This kid doesn't have a shy bone in his body. I was washing some clothes in the tub yesterday, and he screamed," MAMA!!" stripped of all of his clothes and started to help me. It was quite the bonding moment.

After we were finished, he went a straighten his shoes, and refolded his clothes and Livy's. I did tell the other kids to take notes.

After our laundry day, we headed out to find something to do while raining. We found a store with some bikes, and let the kids ride around for awhile. Yes, another day of breaking Chinese social norms! We also bought a soccer ball and some other toys and headed to our hotel's gym to play.

We were playing in the hall, and that didn't go over well with the cleaning ladies. Michael was pretty done with this whole trip yesterday. Not sure who said they were ready to go home more, him or Mia? My favorite comment of the day from him was, " I feel so poor playing in the hall."

Today we are headed to Logan's orphanage. Not sure how this will go, but our guide talked with him, and he seems to understand, and want to go back to say some goodbyes. A few people have asked us to check on their children to be adopted, so I will try my best to do so.

Hope all is well at home. We miss ya'll!

Love,
Claire

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I so love reading your daily posts :) It is so cool to hear how he is settling in. The pictures just seem to show him becoming more and more at ease and content with his family. I just love it! Hope that it is a good day with the visit and all. We will pray that it is smooth. Looking forward to the next post.

Love,

Cheryl

Unknown said...

I am just enjoying seeing the joy on Logan's face. It is obvious that he is becoming more comfortable with his new family. And it is evident that he was born to be a Taylor. I pray that Miss Mia is doing well and enjoying her new brother. Praying also that you get a relief from the rain and can get outside so that the kids don't have to play ball in the hallway.

Miss and Love you!

Nichole

Me said...

OH I so love this!! He looks just like a Taylor already! How in the world do you do that so well??? LOL I love the stacked shoes, and how intent he seems with folding the clothes.

I am ready for you to come now too! Wah! I can't wait to meet him, and to hug all of you. You are so missed.

Michael is too funny. He really is!

Thank you for filling my need for pictures... I am almost there, but I still need more!

Love you and miss you terribly!