Thursday, June 26, 2008

Be home soon!

Hey everyone,

Had Mike do an entry for me just in case I couldn't get on before we head out.

But, everyone is finally asleep, and we are 99% packed to fly out early tomorrow morning.

Wow, what a journey this has been. I think it is going to take awhile for everything to really sink in. I am so ready to come home, but it is also bitter sweet. This is the birth place of 2 of our children. I wonder how things will go for Logan, new faces, smells, foods and language. I know that he will grieve for what he knew, but I also know what things will look like on the other side when he gets there.

All I have to do is look at Mia. She is so happy, healthy and secure with us. I know Logan will be too. He has an awesome life before him. Freedom to become a follower of Christ, unlimited educational choices, excellent health care, freedom from being stigmatized as an unwanted member of society. And, a family who knows that they have been blessed by God to have him as their son and brother.

And he is so blessed to have all of you in his life. Once he catches onto this concept of unconditional love, there will be no stopping this kid.

Today Logan became an American citizen, and will have legal status once he touches American soil in Detroit. As I looked around the consulate, I saw about 60 children who are about to begin a completely new life in the next few days. It was a very short swearing in ceremony, but a great one.

We have been asked by many if we will be back to do this again. I can honestly say that we have no plans to. We are very content with our family, it really feels right. But we have also learned that our plans are not Gods plans. I never thought I would be a mother of 4 children, much less of 2 born across the world. Pretty stinkin awesome!

Can't wait for ya'll to meet the little man, guard your hearts.....he is a real charmer. And no, ya'll can't have him either.

See ya soon!

Love,
Claire

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Can't wait to meet him and see the rest of the Taylor gang too! Congratulations Logan on being a US citizen, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift God has given you and your family. I enjoyed following your travels and hope to get a chance to meet Logan.
Have a safe journey back to America!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the journey. I have looked forward to each entry and to the progress each new day brings. Your humor is refreshing! I have laughed and cried. :-) We look forward to welcoming your family home!

Welcome to AMERICA little man!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

From Marc, Elaine and Alison:

You gave us a fantastic insight into your journey. The pictures and descriptions in your blog are great. Have a safe trip and we will see you all when you get home.

Your great neighbors; Marc, Elaine and Allison

Amy Jo said...

Come on home, Girlfriend!!! And may your journey be smooth and dare I say "relaxing"? I've been gone for a few days, but can't wait to catch up on your posts. Pam passed along your need for prayer. I'm SO glad to hear that you had a breakthrough and were sent angels from above! God is SO good and faithful! I know He will continue to provide you blessings and wisdom along the way as Logan adjusts to his new and exciting life! Oh, how I wish Sara & I could be there to meet you and the airport...but I'll be praying and am so excited to have you chatting again as your precious 4 (I mean FIVE, can't forget about your Man!) allow. Love you lots and am SO happy for you! Amy

Me said...

I am late posting, but when you get home you will know why ;-) Ahh.. I have a surprise for you and Logan. Long story- I will let you settle in first...

Have a safe flight- and congrats on being an American CItizen- how cool is that???

Can't wait to see all you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Taylor Family! And most especially to Logan, the newest citizen!

Love,
Pam

Heather said...

Hi Claire,
I have been following your blog as you went to get little Logan. I loved it! We have a little boy age 4 waiting on us @GSWI too. I would love to know how Logan is adjusting to his new home. He is so cute!!!
Thanks!
Heather