Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's official - Asher Andrew Taylor


Well, today little man became Asher Andrew Taylor!

We headed out this morning, back to the Civil Affairs office and had a few interviews and signed some papers that I can't read...and then he was declared ours forever!

Unfortunately, pictures were highly discouraged..at least by the officer we had today. She did seem a bit grumpy, but managed a curious smile like expression when I answered her question about my other children.  Do not think she quite believed me at first, but oh well...thought about showing her the kids pictures on my phone, but I really don't think she would have gone for that (: 

So being all official, we took our kid and paper work and headed to lunch.  Little man ate pretty good today. Getting some weight on him is my new hobby.

We also did some shopping for little man shorts, a new pair of sandals and some bottles. He has a lot of trouble drinking from a cup since his palate has not been surgically closed yet.  The bottles work great!  He downed at least 4 bottles of water this afternoon.

After lunch we strolled around and played at a near by park.  Well, we watched the other kids play.  Asher is still pretty shy and likes to hang back and watch the action.  We had a good time watching him take it all in, he is a serious watcher of all things.

Those eyes just catch everything.  Still no words.  He did burst out in tears this am, realized that he had wet his pants and was pretty upset. I think he was afraid of being in trouble.

But once he realized all was ok..he changed into some dry pants and had a lollipop.  We were told that he is potty trained during the day, but I don't think so.  He has not asked to go, or shown any interest when in the bathroom.

So to make things easier for now, I bought some pull ups. Not going to try to get into that now.

He is sooooo gentle and just so easy to please. We had another quick bath tonight, and he seemed to like it more. We brushed teeth and put lotion on his arms and legs.  My friend Robin had brought some aloe with her, and we have been putting that on his burn areas. It doesn't seem to hurt him, but it does look dry and tight.  Right now he is very busy coloring and taking his crayons in and out of a coffee mug.

We are off for a late dinner, jet lag got the best of us this afternoon. Some napped, some just watched tv in a stupor.  All are ready for bed tonight.

Hope all is well at home, I miss Bart and the kids sooooo much.  But we will be busy the next few days with immigration paper work and a medical exam.  We will do some more sight seeing in the next days too.

Enjoy the pictures!  The first four pictures are from "gotcha day"

Claire
 "Hi Asher, I'm your mommy"






the soldiers on Shamian Island
 
 Asher watching the soldiers on Shamian Island

 Cassidy and Asher

Bath time


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just so precious! Cannot wait to meet this littlest member of your family.

BJ

Tammy said...

He is so darned sweet!! His eyes are just amazing! I can't even tell you how excited I am to see him with you - finally! Love you my friend!
Tammy

Dawn said...

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! SOOOO cute!!! I tried to answer some of your CP questions on group! We are praying for you and he is just precious!!! Love and hugs!!! Enjoy the quiet time, it won't last long, but you already know that! ;-)

Pam said...

He's really beautiful, Claire. And it is soooo GOOD to see him with his mama. He looks like he NEEDED his mama. And you'll get him fattened up in no time.

Unknown said...

Love seeing you and your handsome little man. Take care my friends. I see lots of icecream in his future :)