Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home!

I have no idea how time got away from us those last days in China.  All of the sudden it was Wednesday and we were headed to Hong Kong to start our trip home.

I think the heat, on going jet lag and missing my family caught up with me those last days. 

But all in all, it was a great trip.  All of the paper work went off without a hitch, and Asher is one awesome little man.  He is so sweet, trusting and really pretty funny.

He is so brave.  He willingly came with us, leaving everything he knew behind.  As each day passes, we see a little more and more of his sweet personality. And each day he makes small gains in closing that gap of institutional delays.

His appetite is awesome, and he has embraced feeding himself with gusto.  He is also finding his voice. We heard nothing from him while in China, but a few giggles here and there. In just the last few days, he is saying some words in Chinese, and is laughing out loud.

In a few weeks we will start the medical journey towards healing his little body. He will need surgery to correct his conjoined fingers and to repair his cleft palate.  We will also see what needs to be done about the burns he acquired on his wrist and ankle.  We never got an answer about what happened. I didn't really expect one, but a part of me hoped for some honesty from someone. Not the usual cloak and dagger, save face answers.  But it did not happen...So, we will just have to make peace with things, and focus on the fact that he is now home...where he is loved, cherished and will be protected with all of our might.

Even after 6 adoptions, I am always amazed at how this process mirrors Christ's love for us.  God opens His heart to us, longing for us to go with Him.  To trust Him with our hearts and lives. To help us over come those areas in which we are delayed.  To listen to us, giving us a voice. He will also heal our broken hearts, and will tell us how loved and cherished we are..... over and over and over until we believe it deep inside.

And as His child, He will protect us with all of His might and give us peace in knowing that we  have a forever home with Him.

I am forever grateful for the gift of all of my children, and eternally grateful for all God has done for me.  I am really looking forward to the future, watching the kids learn to love, grow and heal.  Probably the same things that God is  looking forward to with me.






1 comment:

Myra said...

Congrats on your newest addition! Glad I stumbled on your blog! So happy to see how Kira is doing! I'm adding to my list, no loosing it again ;)

Myra (your Hua'ian friend and mommy to sammy and will)