Monday, March 16, 2009

Restless


Nothing terribly exciting going on around here, that I know of yet.

For about the past 6 months, I have been in a season of restlessness and simplification. I had no stinkin idea of what to do with both things, so i turned my focus towards doing some serious de-cluttering of our closets,drawers and pretty much every nook and cranny in the house.

As I went room by room, I was both thankful for all of the material things we have...and also convicted about all of the material things we have. My conviction grew with each bag of stuff I loaded into my car and took to donate.

I realized that I have slipped very far away from being a living example to my kids about how stuff doesn't make you truly happy or more importantly...content.

I still don't really know where this season is taking me.I know that I need to stay in God's word and lean on Him to help me be the example I need to be. I sat down the other day, and opened up my favorite book of the Bible--Proverbs.

I decided to make the title, " Prologue: Purpose and Theme" my purpose and theme...to do my best to attain wisdom and discipline. To gain understanding, and to do what is right and just. To submit to God, and His commands in His word. To trust in Him, not myself.

Love,
Claire

No comments: